Saturday, July 5, 2008

Alpine Slides

Last weekend I went with my mom and Grandma to the Alpine Slides up in Park City while Chris was studying for the GMAT. We had a lot of fun going down the slides and the coaster. They had this zip line that Grandma really wanted to go on, but the line was too long so we decided not to. Hopefully we will have a chance to go before we move!

At the Alpine Slides there are two different slides and they tell you when you can begin the slide so that they can space everyone out (kind of like a water slide). My mom and I went down the slide at the same time because we were on adjacent slides, and my Grandma was on the slide right behind me. When my mom and I got to the bottom we were worried because we couldn't see Grandma anywhere up the hill. Then they guy behind mom came down and we asked him if he'd seen a grey-haired lady and he replied "yeah, but she's probably going to be a while". We thought this was pretty hilarious, and it was even funnier when we finally saw Grandma slowly coming down the hill with 3 people right behind her! But we were still proud of her because what other 86 year old would even go on the slide in the first place? Plus, according to Grandma she was going a lot faster than she used to, so at least it was an improvement. :)

We also went down this new ride they have called the Coaster, which winds down the mountain. It was a more similar to a roller coaster then the Alpine Slide because it goes a lot faster and the track is like a roller coaster, except you can still choose your own speed. I loved it!

We rode on ski lifts going up the mountain. Mom and Grandma started making fun of me because I started was a little nervous that we were going to fall off.





6 comments:

Erica said...

It looks like you had fun with mom there. I miss you and can't wait to see you guys soon! Erica

Mark Davis said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Erica said...

I love the Alpine Slides. Haven't been on them in years. Tell Chris good luck with the GMAT!!

BJ

Erica said...

Hey you guys, we are going to have a rock band party at our house when you are here. How come you haven't updated your blog in so long? Are you busy packing?

Rogers Family Blog said...

Oh, how fun. We just were talking about the this tonight with g-ma. she is amazing for her age. I am glad i found your blog. email me your email address so you can get onto ours: kellidianerogers@yahoo.com.

The Hardy's said...

hi its laurie! i used to be in your ward and you used to visit teach me with emily! found your blog from hers. just thought i would say hi! looks like you guys had funa t the alpine slides!